Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I made a frankendupe!

Ok, I'm going to start out by saying this isn't my idea. I mean, originally I didn't come up with this. I saw a post on Chalkboard Nails where she showed two examples of a Butter London The Black Night franken. I had never seen or heard of this color yet but saw her pictures and were amazed. Here is a picture of the real thing:

source: http://www.body-soulbeauty.com/2011/10/butter-london-holiday-2011-black-knight.html

Ok so now you know what the real thing looks like. I don't have actual swatches to base mine off of. Here is my version: 





 My recipe was Wet N Wild Clear (I think there was only a 1/4 of it in the bottle, so I just mixed everything in this bottle), NYC Blackula, Fantasy Makers Confetti Glitz, Wet N Wild Sparked, Love & Beauty "Multi" Glitter, and a blue & purple snowman glitter. I think I added too much of the purple and blue glitter. I like the way it turned out though. It was hard to photograph. The glitter is microscopic and it looks better in the bottle. I am happy with it though. It was gritty when it all dried though. So I topped it with Gelous and then a layer of Out the Door. That smoothed everything out just fine.

I don't always wear my ring like that. I just tried to get it in the shot.

Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I'm planning to do one of these soon, too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...