Friday, November 11, 2011

NOTD: Glitter Layering

I've never been a fan of glitter polishes. Nope, hated the look, hated the clean up, hated the removal. I just thought glitter was tacky, like wearing a bedazzled jean jacket. lol.  With all these glitter collections that have been released (OPI Muppets, Color Club Mistletoe, China Glaze Eye Candy, Wet n Wild Ice Baby, now Sally Hansen has a glitter collection too!), I've actually come around to liking them. I don't know what changed my mind but it just doesn't bother me anymore. I love the way glitter looks now. I don't mind the removal. I just discovered "the foil method" and it does make the removal process a lot easier. I can't wait until the China Glaze Eye Candy collection comes out. I've seen some blog posts where they have hit some Sally's already and some supply stores but none in my area have them out yet.

Anyway to get to the point of this post, since I don't have the Eye Candy collection yet. I decided to try recreating the look of Lorelei's Tiara with what I have. Lorelei's Tiara is mainly tiny silver microglitter with large blue hex glitter. I used an LA Colors silver (forgot the name), Love & Beauty Silver Glitter, Sally Hansen Twinkle Twinkle, and NYC Starry Silver. Yup, there are probably 8 layers of polish and glitter on my nails.




I found a great light source, now I just need a better camera. But this is the best picture I could take. It looks amazing IRL.


I did this last night, an hour before I went to sleep. Everything was dried and fine, topped with a layer of Seche Vite. Then I woke up to this:
This was the only finger this happened to. All the rest of my nails were fine. Bummer.  


So now that glitter and I are on good terms, I just need to find a bedazzled jean jacket to match. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...