Friday, December 2, 2011

24 Days of Christmas: Day 2 - Snowflake

Seriously it is only the second day of this challenge and it was hard enough to figure out how to do a snowflake. I suck at nail art. First I tried to use a white striper and free hand it. That turned out horrible. I don't see how you girls get those fine lines. Mine were thick and gloppy. I even cleaned off the brush and used regular white polish. Next I tried to use a dotter and just dot "snowflakes" on my nails. I thought that looked bad though. I finally got out the Konad but I suck at stamping too. I persevered though. My problem with stamping is that I can never get the whole design on the stamper. I did some research online and saw a tip to gently file the stamper a bit. That actually worked! So here's my finished mani that I just finished an hour ago. Base coat of Gelous, two coats of China Glaze For Audrey,  snowflake stamp from Bundle Monster in Konad white, and a holographic topcoat by Love & Beauty. Lastly a top coat of Seche Vite.



Also I won my first giveaway from Shally at Polished & Not Quite Put Together! I got my prize today! Thank you Shally! I got "The Red Trio" by E.L.F.


And lastly I bought myself a present from Ulta during Cyber Monday. I finally got the Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palette. But then a few days later, on Urban Decay's Facebook wall, they announced Naked II. LoL, figures. I saw the new palette though and it is very similar. So I think I'll pass. I'm very happy to get this one though. Yay!

Til tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. youre snowflakes look realy pretty, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I like your snowflakes. I had the same problem so my snowflakes are thick and gloppy. Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the Naked palette :) the eyeshadow is great

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...