Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Party Hearty - Not!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Or whatever holiday you may celebrate! Mine was nice. We stayed home and made tamales on Christmas Eve and had a seafood dinner Christmas night. Yumm. Now I'm back at work. BOO!

I haven't been into nail polish that long. I probably started getting heavily into around Feb or maybe even Jan of this year so it is coming up on one whole year. I mention this because I have seen pics on blogs of China Glaze Party Hearty from last year's holiday collection. I'm so bummed I missed out on buying this polish. I'm sure it is available on Ebay but rather not go that route. Next best thing I thunk up was to franken it. It is not an absolute dupe that I made but enough to kill my lemming for it. My recipe used two Snowman polishes from Rite-Aid. Mostly the red/green glitter and the green/gold glitter and I added more loose gold microglitter.

This is two coats of my franken over two coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. 
This is the real China Glaze Party Hearty.
Source: Youvegotnail.com

I guess the green glitter should have been smaller but I didn't have anything like that in my collection. I came close though, don't you think?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...