Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Frankenlipp

What's a Frankenlipp? If you really think about it, I'm sure you'll know what it is. We've all done it. Try and make your own version of an (ridiculously) expensive polish. Usually it is Candy Shop or Glitter In the Air. Have you seen the new one coming out, Mermaid's Dream? Looks like a golden/blue-green glitter mix. Very pretty. It is probably the first time I might actually shell out the cash for one. But after looking at it for a while, I thought maybe I could make my own? Yes I think I actually did. Please see...

Ok probably not an exact dupe but I love it. I'm a horrible Dr. Frankenstein and cannot tell you the exact recipe. In my mind, I thought I could do it with just three polishes and a blue eye shadow pigment. That would be OPI Spark de Triomphe and Jordana Glitter Specialty Blue Bash and Celestial with some blue eye shadow pigment. Well that was the base of it all. I started adding some blues and greens to make the base more opaque. It still comes out pretty golden though. Eventually I got to the point where I was happy with it.

Here's some pics in sunlight:

3 coats, nothing underneath. Topped with Seche Vite

3 coats, nothing underneath. Topped with Seche Vite

See Blushing Noir's swatches about the real Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream here. How do you think I did??

I still might be buying the real thing though. :)



2 comments:

  1. This is pretty, i really want this new DL shade lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I am such a dupes person and I would totally go for a Mermaid Tear dupe before the real thing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...