Friday, March 30, 2012

Easter Pastel Rainbow Leopard

Today's mani is another using the sponging technique. Since all the colors were different and it wasn't really a gradient, I didn't really like that they didn't "blend" into one another. So I stamped over it with a leopard print and that hid the harsh lines. I will try to make a tutorial of what I did but I've never done that before so it probably won't be that great. I was thinking of making a video. I have a brand new Flip Cam and it is just sitting in my drawer :(

So this is before stamping obviously. This basically what I did:
  1. I used Sinful Colors Star Fish as my base. It is a dusty pink.
  2. Then using a make up sponge, I sponged Sinful Colors Innocent about 3/4 down my nail.
  3. Then Sinful Color Savage was sponged halfway down my nail. 
  4. Lastly I sponged Sinful Colors Verbena on the top 1/4 of my nail.
  5. I did this after I took the pic but I topped it all with a Snowman Glitter that is kind of like Wet N Wild Hallucinate


 This is stamped with Wet N Wild Ebony Hates Chris and Bundle Monster BM-221. I topped it off with Seche Vite. It smeared the stamp a little. Otherwise I really like how this turned out. If I do this again, I think I will try sponging the colors diagonally. Thanks for checking this out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...