Saturday, April 28, 2012

NOTD: Cracked Golden Egg Nails

 I recently picked up Wet N Wild Sunny Side Up at the Rite-Aid 40% off sale. It is a nice orange color and for .59 cents, that is pretty awesome! The name is cute too. It really does look like the color of egg yolk
 
I love orange and corals with gold and usually top it with some sort of glitter topper and decided on using NYX Girls Gilded Glitter. I've had that in my stash for sometime now and I've barely used it. I think the combo was nice.


 But the name Sunny Side Up gave me an idea so I put on OPI White Shatter. My white shatter was completely dried up! Seriously dried up. It wasn't even touching the sides of the bottle. It was just a dried up clump and I could hardly get the brush out. I thought it was a goner, but I added thinner and shook like crazy. It was good as new.
 
I know the crackle fad is pretty much over but I really felt like wearing it today. I was hoping the gilded glitter would show through more but it didn't so I topped the shatter with another coat of glitter. The base of the glitter is clear but tinted a little. That's why the white looks a little yellow.  

 What are your thoughts? Are you over crackles yet?

1 comment:

  1. I'm over crackles..but this is awesome..looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...