Saturday, August 11, 2012

Ikat Nail Design

Sorry if my instagram posts are random or annoying. I have it set up automatically to post on Blogger for me whenever I take a picture on Instagram. And I am on IG way too much (probably more than facebook!)

So this is just a proper post of my Ikat nail design.


I've seen this design before on nails, on clothes, on bags....It is called Ikat and I have always said "I-kat" like Ipod, but I guess it is "E-kat".  I'm not sure how I feel about it. I kind of like it and I kind of don't. I love the "feathery" look they have but hate the way they kind of look like weird eye balls. Hehheh. Also I think my nails are too small maybe for this design and it would probably look better on longer nails. I recently filed my nails down due to one of my nails breaking beyond the free edge. Ouch! Anyway this design is very easy to do, yet I still looked up a tutorial for it. I'm so lame. ha ha.

Colors I used are: Sinful Colors Grecian Sun for the base. Then Sinful Colors Snow Me White, Sally Hansen Orange Impulse, and Wet N Wild Black Creme.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. That looks aweosome! The colours you used are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying to try this!! You made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...