Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hearts for Valentine's

 My first Valentine's Day mani. Simple. I started with China Glaze Ahoy. I almost forgot I had this. I found it in the depths of my storage. This is 2 coats. It is like raspberry syrup on my nails and it has this incredible shimmer from golden glass flecks. The only thing I didn't like is that it never really dried. It was still smudging the next day. Boo!



 Then I stamped hearts on it. The hearts came from Bundle Monster BM-317.

Can you see how much better my photos look? I didn't get a new camera. I got a new light! Missy from Gnarly Gnails recently found an Ottlite at the craft section of Walmart for $15! An Ottlite folks! They are usually MUCH more money than that. Plus this one is attached to a storage caddy. You can see her blog post about it here. I went to my Walmart and was able to find it but it was $19 but still...a huge savings for an OTTLITE! Look at these pics. I don't even have a light box and the colors are pretty true to life. I didn't even do any editing except for cropping and watermarking it. I'm also messing around with a new editing program so my watermarks are probably going to change until I figure out how I want to do it. 

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. That looks super cute :)
    Could you please recommend a good editing program? cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use picasa. Now I'm trying photobucket. I have heard good things about Gimp but have not tried it yet.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...