Monday, February 4, 2013

Robin Moses Style Roses and Gold Leaf Top Coat

I have a pastel mani to show you guys today. I did this on Saturday and had plans to remove it for Sunday and do a Super Bowl mani, but it was just too pretty. I'm still wearing it now and it has not chipped yet. I know I'll be removing it once it does.


I love how the roses look against the blue. Oh I'm going to be so sad when I take this off. 

This is one of my favorite manis I think I have done lately. The roses are inspired by Robin Moses. The blue is Essie Mint Candy Apple (see I do own something other than Sinful Colors if you were wondering. lol) I used paint for the roses and leaves. I accented the stems with Sally Hansen Gilded Lily. The purple is Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac and it is topped with Zoya Gilty, their 18k gold leaf top coat. I'm not really liking the gold leaf. I had to dab it to get good coverage. But the formula is thick so I'd have big globs of clear base also. Ugh gross. If I just stroked the brush on my nail like usual, I'd only get one or two tiny bits. But I guess the final look is worth the trouble!

Thanks for looking and reading.

3 comments:

  1. These nails are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! The gold gives it such a pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and delicate! I have nominated you for a Liebster Award http://lalalalacquer.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...