Saturday, July 20, 2013

Old Jewelry = Nail Art?

Who likes 3D nail art? I do! If you don't, then this is not for you. So please don't leave negative comments for me.

Anyway, moving on.  I recently saw a mani on Hey Nice Nails! Instagram account where they used links of an old bracelet for nail art. Here is the link to the picture.

So that gave me an idea. I have lots of cheap jewelry laying around. What could I use as deco for my nails? I did find a few things that might be fun to experiment with.

To give you an idea, all these things came from Forever 21 and you know how cheap jewelry is there. Most stuff was under $2.

These little deer heads came from a necklace. They fit my nail perfectly. The only problem is they don't lie completely flat, and they have a bail at the top of their head where the chain went. I'll have to check with the husband to see if he has any tools that I can use to snip those off. If not, I think I'm going to glue a rhinestone on it.

These roses were from earrings. I was able to screw the post off with a pair of pliers. The back is completely flat. They are a little bigger than most nail art deco flowers but they still fit on my nails really well.

These were also earrings. I was able to use the pliers again and rip off the post. They still have a little thing in the back where it makes it not lie flat but I can probably file it down. I don't know if I'll actually use these but I like the message and they fit on my nails.

Then I found some small spikes. These were glued to some fabric hair ties. So I was able to pull these off pretty easily without any tools. I know I can buy these type of studs easily on places like Born Pretty or Ebay but shipping would take forever and ain't nobody got time for that!

I'll post pictures of finished mani's as soon as I get a chance.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I am so excited to see you use them! Awesome idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...